Questions about NT to 2000 Domain Migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about NT to 2000 Domain Migration

Just some general questions about migrating to 2000 AD.

1. Profile migration. Do user profiles on all 2000 workstations migrate without problems?
    2. I noticed on my lab setup that the netbios name of the domain is still what is listed in the client logon. Is this normal? ways to correct it and how does that effect profiles on the user's computer?
    3. How does this effect SQL Server Authentication? Mostly from a programming stance. I have thousands of web pages written that use NT authentication on ODBC connection to connect to the server.

I'm sure I'll think of more but any chance of some help on these ones?

Garick

Re: Questions about NT to 2000 Domain Migration

Originally posted by GNewt
    Just some general questions about migrating to 2000 AD.

1. Profile migration. Do user profiles on all 2000 workstations migrate without problems?
    2. I noticed on my lab setup that the netbios name of the domain is still what is listed in the client logon. Is this normal? ways to correct it and how does that effect profiles on the user's computer?
    3. How does this effect SQL Server Authentication? Mostly from a programming stance. I have thousands of web pages written that use NT authentication on ODBC connection to connect to the server.
    1. Yes
    2. This is as intended, dynamic DNS still uses the netbios name for the domain.
    3. This might be a problem. Do accounts exist within SQL that duplicate the NT domain accounts?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

yes. The web pages still use a hard coded username and password or they use the account that iis is running under.

Comment

Working...
      X