GPO to disable Interactive component of the users account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO to disable Interactive component of the users account

I wants force users to use on computers a smartcard or a token to connect them.
    Via GPO it is possible to disable the interactive component of the users account so the only method to logon is with the smartcard, of which there is only one card issued.
    And when the user removes the smartcard you force the workstation to either lock or logoff.

But i don't arrive to find where are the differents GPOs to apply.
    Your help is welcome.

Eric

Eric,

First, please do not cross post. Use only the rellevant forum, and only once please.

Second, although I read your question a few times I still couldn't understand what exactly is your question.

Can you try again please?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Daniel,

When we logon on a computer, usually we use CTRL+ALT+DEL

I wants to forbid this possibility and use only a USB Token or a smartcard as identifier on a computer to connect the authorized users, naturally using a certificate.

Then the goal will be : logon on the computer and if the token or the smartcard is unplunged, lock or switch off the computer.

I can connect me using this possibility, but today i can also use the user and password option, and i wants to suppress this standard option.

Sorry for my english and the cross post.

Thanks in advance.
      Eric

Comment

you can set the "Interactive logon: Require smart card" option in the GPO linked to the scope you want to control.

Do not link the GPO at domain level: you probably do not want to get stuck trying to logon to the DC...
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X