Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching database in server core

Hi all,

Does anyone have the script on how to attach a database in SQL server running on Windows Server core?

Thank You

Re: Attaching database in server core

Can you use SSMS on a client PC and connected to the Server Core SQL instance

Also which SQL server version?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

It's SQL Server 2012. I am able to connect to the SQL instance from another machine but unable to attach the database. The Browse dialog box is browsing stuffs from the windows server core and not locally.

Comment

So is the database mdf file on the core box or somewhere else - it must be local to the SQL instance to be able to attach it.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This is what I thought. I need to put the mdf file on the core server. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X