X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharePoint2010 My Site Lost and Cant Find in Database

Hey All,

This will be a bit of strange one!

One user rang me last week and said he lost his mysite content and as soon as he logged in his mysite being re-created. Now he had many important files on his mysite.

We have been using Veeam and both web and sql servers had a full backup copy.

From the backup I mounted the my-content-database and unfortunately the user does not exist in there and I know for user till last week he was usinng my site regularly.

I have tried, recycle bin, end user recycle bin, from site collection administrators. Have also tried Get-spdeleted site command but nothing showing up.

Ran out of ideas now for what to do, could it be the user was not using the my-content-database and was using something else (but rest of the users are there apart of him)..

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Sam

Re: SharePoint2010 My Site Lost and Cant Find in Database

I presume you have checked the recycle bin for the mysites site collection?
    It should be there if recently deleted

Look in site collection settings at the root of the collection
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: SharePoint2010 My Site Lost and Cant Find in Database

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I presume you have checked the recycle bin for the mysites site collection?
      It should be there if recently deleted

Look in site collection settings at the root of the collection
      I did already, I even run Get -sp deletedsites command but it is not showing any results......

Comment

Working...
      X