X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software/Application dependent from SQL

Hi Experts,

Good Day!

Our organization has been installed a software inventory application - SUMMIT Asset agent and found the ff. SQL on the report. I believe they were automatically installed and dependency of a certain software/application. Need your help to identify which software or application they were dependent:

1.Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]? - Found this in Win 7 machines with MS Office 2007 - is it automatically installed when you install MS Office 2007? I did not found this in XP with the same office version though.

2. Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB ? What application/software could be using this?

3. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition? What application/software could be using this?

Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Glennon8

Re: Software/Application dependent from SQL

1) I believe you are correct
    3) These are the tools to access/control (2)
    2) You will need to see what databases are available (use SQL Server Management Studio - one of the tools in (3) to connect to the local server and then look in the Database folder. Names of databases should help you....

Remember SQL Server can support multiple databases, so can be used by more than one application.

Alternatively, ask the vendors of SUMMIT for a bit of support
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Software/Application dependent from SQL

Thanks, appreciate your insights.

Comment

Working...
      X