Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase seat per license

Hi,
    I install SQL server 2000 on my PC and follow all instruction during installation. During installation i put 13 in the field of Seat Per License, Now the SQL server install and i want to increase the number of client per license value.

How can i increase it?

I dont want to install SQL server again for doing this kind of job.

Re: How to increase seat per license

Ah, Mr "I can't use " is back again.

A 10 second search on that popular search engine* reveals the following Microsoft link (top of the search results) which seems to cover everything you need:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870617

*Other search engines also exist

Lets not go into WHY you would want to use a 13 year old software application
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Ah, Mr "I can't use " is back again.

A 10 second search on that popular search engine* reveals the following Microsoft link (top of the search results) which seems to cover everything you need:
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870617

*Other search engines also exist

Lets not go into WHY you would want to use a 13 year old software application

Ok, done it. thanks

Comment

Well done, but next time get your butler to do the work for you please
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Well done, but next time get your butler to do the work for you please
          hey, another problem with me regarding login authentication. I m trying to put the password for login "sa" but the error give, please find attached file for your view.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is this by any chance the first time you have logged in?

Try for the exact error message (the rest of the text after the word "Reason" and you will find the solution in the first couple of links

(No, I am not going to do your search for you yet again -- but you can post the solution you find and I will tell you if it is right )
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X