No announcement yet.

SQL Maintenance job error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Maintenance job error

I have this error that has started to appear since 25th May, which I think coincides with the administrator password change. The only thing that seems to fail is the cleanup of old .bak files (from what I can see) so I'm a little stumped as to why on this part fails. Since the backup of the DB is step 1, is it saying this is the only part that has passed?

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'MaintenancePlan.Subplan_1' (0xE9B18BEF358E8545B3F722AFB67ACA41) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2012-05-30 21:00:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 12 (MaintenancePlan.Subplan_1). The last step to run was step 1 (Subplan_1).
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at

The previous owner of the job was administrator, but because of the error I changed it to another domain admin which hasn't improved the situation. It's not the most intuitive error description and I always thought it meant the owner privilage.
    Last edited by marcopolo; 12th June 2012, 16:35.

Re: SQL Maintenance job error

Sorted now!

Re: SQL Maintenance job error

Would you care to share how, for the benefit of anyone else reading the thread?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **