Sql server really slow, unless i eliminate the gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sql server really slow, unless i eliminate the gateway

I'm using a software program that was hosted by another company, and it ran fast, now I host it and the query's run slow. if I put no gateway on servers nic, then it runs blazing fast. I ran wireshark on it, (my backup server) new to wireshark, don't really understand how it works, but i figured it's worth a try. I'm trying to analize the diffrence between the query's with and without the gateway, any suggestions. I have to have the gateway for production.

Here is what I've done,

cisco router
    using virtual machines
    created another nic, and went straight to comcast modem\router(diffrent network(3), i have 3 comcast modems), still did same thing. so i'm pretty sure i just eliminated my network.
    I have support with vmware, they boosted my box to 6 cpu's and 6g ram, there are only 5 users. they log on through terminal services inside the network.

Hope that helps

THANK YOU

Re: Sql server really slow, unless i eliminate the gateway

A clue to which version of SQL Server, also which version of Windows you are using would really help

If you can post the actual query, that might be useful

I presume you have gone through the query optimisation process?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

sql 2008r2

not sure what "query optimisation process" is. is that wireshark, or sql, new at both. did you want the wire shark query, if so is .txt ok?

Comment

Query optimisation is in SQL Server

I actually meant the SQL query that is running slow -- wondering if it makes reference to an external server
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

OSSIAN,

sorry to reply so late, you must be a genious, because you hit it right on the nose. Incredible for not even seeing the wireshark or SQL query's.

We used to have another company host our software, went through a vpn. When we took it over, they didn't remove one of the query's. i found the ipaddress through wireshark, but didn't know it at the time because we have a T1 with VOIP, using the same prefix, 192.168., i use 10.1. I stumbled upon the address looking for something esle, but when i saw it, i knew immediately that had to be the problem.

Thanks for responding to my problem, and again, i apologize about responding so late..... if you take the time to respond to me, the least i can do is respond to you in a more prompt time.

Thanks Again!!!!!
          Last edited by Kobe 310; 14th August 2011, 16:49.

Comment

No worries, and I'm very pleased you got it sorted -- at least I presume all is working at lightning speed now!
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Ossian

I just posted new question under security, called "Advanced Mass Sender On Clients Computer Got To read This" would you mind taking a look at it and replying there, has got me freaked out!!!

Comment

Please do NOT post things like the above -- people WILL read your other post when they get a chance
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X