SQL 2000 Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL 2000 Issue

First I hope i can post this question here since I did not see any other forum that I can use for SQL 2000 maybe because it so old If I'm wrong please let me know where should i post it I will appreciate it.

I have this weird issue with my SQL 2000 SP4 i have one database with 4 tables in it. one table has around 14,000 records and the other around 4000 it started a few weeks ago, we were able to view the data but we could not enter any new data. at fist i thought it might be a permission issue, so i went and add public permission to write and it start work again after a few days it did the same thing I check the permission again and the public was off again, so I re-did the setting and it work fine for 4 days today it happen again, able to view data but you can not add or edit anything. So think it might be permission again i have access the table and public permission was correct then i have open the database and try to enter a new row, after a few second it say program is not responding and close the sql manager. I have then decide to restart my SQL services I went into services and restart the SQL and the SQL agent. After doing so I have access the table again and now it is working again. I will appreciate any idea

Happen again yesterday for no good reason. - restart the sql services and start to work fine again.

Thank you

I'm running
    Windows SBS 2003 SP2
    SQL 2000 SP4
    Dual Xeon 5130
    4GB RAM
    RAID5
    Last edited by elinoy; 15th March 2011, 16:30.

Re: SQL 2000 Issue

What role(s) are you assigned to in the database? DBOwner should allow you to do read/write. Also check to see if any roles are explicitly denied. A denial of authority always trumps a grant.

Comment

Re: SQL 2000 Issue

DBowner has read/write, and I'm sure i have the permission set right, after all it is working fine after I restart the service. where do you check the roles explicitly?(I'm not sure I'm looking at the right place.)

I have remove some program that I install before it start to happen and now it still happen but less frequent, I'm still able to fix it by restart the MSSQL$ service.

Let me know where should i check my roles explicitly and i will see if there is anything there that can tell me what is wrong with it.
      Thanks for your reply

Comment

Working...
      X