Wifi connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi connection

How can i establish a wifi connection between two computers running sql server 2008 express edition.
    Thanks

Re: Wifi connection

In exactly the same way as you establish a wifi connection between two computers NOT running sql server 2008 express edition

Network connectivity is nothing to do with SQL server.

What OS are the computers running?
    Do you have a WAP or is it an "ad hoc" network?
    Do you have a DHCP server?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hi, i have tried by providing IP address but the both computer did not to each other than i created a workgroup and i succeeded but the problem my sql server 2008 express edition it does not connect

i have speedtouch 585v6 modem and i am connected to that trough WIFI now can u tell if i do not have workgroup can i connect by ip address.
      thanks waiting for the reply

Comment

You will need to make sure both computers can see each other
        What OS are they?
        Do they have the same workgroup name?
        Do they get IPs by DHCP from the modem or router?
        Can you ping one from the other?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Explain your network in explicit detail. Are the two computers in the same building? Are they already on WiFi? Do you have a wireless router?

Comment

Working...
          X