Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting DB to SQL 2000

Hello Team,

Is it possible to export database from SQL 2008 to SQL2000?
    unfortunately we have a program that only work with SQL2000. We would like to move to 2008 Environment, but our concern is that are we be able to export datase from sql2k8 to sql2k..

Thanks,
    HN

Re: Exporting DB to SQL 2000

How does the software find out you are using Sql Server 2k8 anyway? Try setting the DB compatibility level to 80 and retry to use 2k8.

If this doesn't work, you can at least use SSIS to export and import all the data from 2k8 into 2k.

-vP

Comment

Re: Exporting DB to SQL 2000

it is our addin software for our accounting software, where it need to run some convertion every nights for our staff accountants. we are currently use SQL2005 and we have to export the database back to 2k then run the convertion process.

I'm new to SQL. how do I use SSIS to export to 2k? Can you give me some steps if you dont mind?

Edit: I google SSIS.. I think I might have some ideas.. I will give it a try in my lab.

Thanks,
      HN

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
      How does the software find out you are using Sql Server 2k8 anyway? Try setting the DB compatibility level to 80 and retry to use 2k8.

If this doesn't work, you can at least use SSIS to export and import all the data from 2k8 into 2k.

-vP
      Last edited by Humannetwork; 17th January 2011, 21:24.

Comment

Working...
      X