Concurrent users/DB Calls SQL 2008 R2 Standard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent users/DB Calls SQL 2008 R2 Standard

I am in the process of creating an application (Web based Sync) to a MS SQL R2 (Express currently, but looking to move into Standard) and was wondering if anyone knows of the max concurrent sessions?

It will be run on Windows 2008 Web Edition (64bit), IIS 7.0, VB.Net in a VM (ESX 4.1) environment. RAM is set currently at 6GB, but can scale to 32GB, CPU is set as 4 virtual CPUs, The SQL DB will be is sitting on an EMC NX4 (can easily scale up to 12x 15k SAS drives).

The goal is to determine where the breakpoints/bottlenecks are before investing alot of time/money into development. If you could recommend any papers on the subject or good stress test tools I would appreciate it. The issue with Stress tests is that I currently do not have SQL Standard, so I'm not sure if express would give me adequate results.

Thanks!
    Hobie

Re: Concurrent users/DB Calls SQL 2008 R2 Standard

Invest the $250 or so required for Technet Plus and get access to almost all MS products (full versions) for testing / evaluation

One bottleneck you have not mentioned is networking -- that needs consideration too, both from the internet and from web app to SQL
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Concurrent users/DB Calls SQL 2008 R2 Standard

Thanks,

The systems will be housed at a local data center where we will start at 20Mb connection speed and can scale up.

I was warned to stay away from SQL for large transaction programs, but this is from a "opensource" only person. Any thoughts?

Hobie

Comment

Working...
      X