database mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database mirror

i am using 2 windows 2k3 r2 sp2 machines with sql2k5 sp2 installed on them.
    i am trying to setup a local DB mirror for redundancy purposes. i have my db backed up and set over to my endpoint i setup the mirror and when i go to start the mirror i get these errors

===================================

An error occurred while starting mirroring.

Alter failed for Database 'VT7'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdN...e&LinkId=20476

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Al terImpl()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Database.Alter( )
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.DBProp Mirroring.StartMirroring(Object sender, EventArgs e)

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnec tion.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnec tion.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection sqlCommands, ExecutionTypes executionType)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExecutionManage r.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection queries)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Ex ecuteNonQuery(StringCollection queries, Boolean includeDbContext)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Al terImplFinish(StringCollection alterQuery, ScriptingOptions so)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Al terImplWorker()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Al terImpl()

The server network address "TCP://tstsqk2k5.milrose-ny.com:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdN...8&LinkId=20476

Server Name: MRCSQLNEW
    Error Number: 1418
    Severity: 16
    State: 1
    Line Number: 1

Program Location:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQuer yTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNo nQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnec tion.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)

then the morror fails and wont connect i also did a recovery with the NORECOVERY option

please help as our DR hinges on this working.

Re: database mirror

Some of the mirroring errors are quite ambiguous. If you are using seperate instances on the same machine then make sure the endpoints are using different ports. Also make sure that when you did a restore of the DB that you not only restored the DB but the log file as well and did them both WITHOUT RECOVERY.

Comment

Working...
    X