Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database migration issue

Hi ,

We are migrating some domains to new server...we have restore the back up successfully , modified web.config also ..but while browsing the site we are getting the error related to data base

http://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&q=ins...45bed0e990e262

Then i followed the steps mentioned described in this

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2009/05...-server-error/

http://forums.asp.net/t/1334649.aspx

but having confusion about making aliases , there are currently no aliases created so i just create the new aliase called test port 1443 server localhost ...is this a correct one or do i need to specify some other parameters...

please help...

Re: Database migration issue

I think you need to tell us a lot more details about your infrastructure

From your description this is not a SQL server issue, but an IIS one -- which version?

How are the servers connected?

What else is involved?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

We are using Windows Server 2008 , SQL Server 2005 , IIS 7.0 . If i am trying to browse the site locally by right click browse i am able to browse but while i am trying to browse from control panel - site preview i am getting the error.Also there is only one server on which all things are configured....

What are the parameters do i need to check in IIS .

Please help

Comment

Can you post the error number and, if possible, a screenshot

Is IIS on the same box as the SQL server? (sorry, I assume it is from your above)
        Domain or workgroup?
        What authentications are you using?

I also assume that after the migration you checked in SSMS that the database is mounted and accessible?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

You are assuming the correctly..we are using IIS and SQL Server on same server...

Actually we do have some websites on old server and now we have taken the backup , restore it and now configured it using plesk....so in a plesk while checking on site preview i am getting this error , if i do right click on iis and browse the site ..its working...

Here i am sending you a screen shot for more reference...

Please help...I am having about 100 domains need to be migrate to the new server...please help ...

Comment

Hi ,

Here i am sending you a screen shot of the error...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X