No announcement yet.

Sharepoint 2013 Document Library imported files can't be seen by other users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint 2013 Document Library imported files can't be seen by other users

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, can't find any other place in forum.

We have this ABBY Flexicapture Software to grab documents, apply OCR, grab the metadata and export the file to Sharepoint 2013 Document Library with the metadata. The same user credentials are used to export the file to the proper directory of Sharepoint 2013. The same user checks that Document Library and the files are there with their corresponding metadata.

When other users view this Document Library, they can't see it. So i tried draging a file to that Document Library through Sharepoint its fine, everyone can see the file.
    When i tried the Library>Open with Explorer and manually pasted the file there, other users can't see it.

Placing a file through Sharepoint Document Library path creates a unique permission to the file and overwrites all inhereting permissions. Is there a way to resolve this?

Re: Sharepoint 2013 Document Library imported files can't be seen by other users

Worth asking ABBY if they know of the issue, but also you could do some script to re-impose the parent permissions e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...harepoint-list
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Sharepoint 2013 Document Library imported files can't be seen by other users

I got it, the document imported through path seems to have a default "Check Out" state. You'll just have to Check In the document.

My next question would be, how to make it default to "Check In" state?
      Or how we can disable the Check In and Check Out
      Last edited by codeakira; 21st October 2014, 03:06.

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the solution. Much appreciated!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

To disable Check In and Check Out you must have an Optional metadata information for your columns. so that the Document Library>Settings>Versioning Settings> Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited>NO will work.
          With a Required metadata column, this setting will not work and thus will require you to Check In the document for others to see.

Comment

Even better, where to find the damn setting. Click image for larger version

Name:	clap1.gif
Views:	6
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	466887

I do like SharePoint for it's versatility but I sure LOATHE the Management side of it. Looks like it was built in modules by different departments and then thrown together at the end.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X