Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Server 2010 Express cannot reinstall

Hi, folks

I have asked a question on the Legacy SharePoint forum on Microsoft's site regarding a problem with reinstallation of Search Server 2010 Express on a 2012 Standard member server.

The crux of the issue lies with the fact the installation cannot proceed because the installer thinks a restart is required:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	sse.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	515007

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

I have researched this but am unable to resolve it so am asking here.

msiexec version = 5.0.9200.21523

Articles/forum responses recommend:
    The registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations did exist after one restart but now does not exist.

Some articles reference checking HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\UpdateExeVolatile but ..\Updates\UpdateExeVolatile does not exist (and according to one article I read is only used by msiexec V6.1.22.0 and above).

If HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ins taller\InProgress exists you can delete InProgress but it does not exist.

Check for multiple instances of msiexec.exe - only one instance is running when the Search Server installation is in progress, otherwise no other instances are running.

Does anyone have any further suggestions I can try to get SSE installed, please.

Thanks

[Edit]
    Have just seen that HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet## may also have PendingFileRenameOperations. There are two of these CurrentControlSet001 and CurrentControlSet002 which do indeed have these entries but one respondent claims you should never fiddle with these. Any opinions on that?
    Last edited by Blood; 16th November 2017, 16:47.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

This was solved by renaming the keys under CurrentControlSet001 etc.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
    X