Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of mainpage indicator

hi,

i'm using sharepoint 2007, wss 3.0 and on our main page i have a rectangle box going from right to left with some sales figures inside

how do i go about removing this rectangle box

regards
    si

Edit the page and remove the web part?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when I edit the page, the rectangle is still scrolling, but cannot see a way to remove it

is this a data source linked to db somehow

Comment

It is not a standard component of the 2007 home page, so best to ask your SharePoint administrator about it
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i don't have a sharepoint admin, hence me going onto fourm to find solution

Comment

The problem is that someone has customised the page from the standard one, therefore there is no way someone who is not familiar with your SharePoint environment can tell you exactly what to do to remove it. I am assuming it is a web part, which should be removable by editing the page then deleting the web part. It is possible it is added in some other way, in which case a different edit would be needed.
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

i think your right it has been customised away from the standard one, when i click on edit page for web part, i see an edit button, when i select this i get delete, modify shared web part and export, if i select delete this will remove everything that is inside the main rectangle on the intranet page which i don't want, must be a link to the one i want to remove somewhere

Comment

Pass - you are going to need to get someone who knows SharePoint to look at your actual page - the code not just a screenshot

Do you know who built the site originally?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

the company does not exist anymore, thx anyways

Comment

Have you tried connecting\opening the site in SharePoint designer to see if there's an obvious way?

Comment

Working...
                    X