Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create an iso of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server SP1 2016

Hi

How do I create an iso of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server SP1 2016 from a MSDN ISO of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2016 and an exe file of its SP1?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

I haven't posted here in several months and in all that time, it seems Google is still not known to you.
    An answer to your post.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      I haven't posted here in several months and in all that time, it seems Google is still not known to you.
      An answer to your post.
      Perhaps you did not understand.

I have the en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2016_x86_x64_dvd_ 7171743.iso file and its en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2016_sp1_x86_x64_ 8806223.exe SP1 file.

What's the proper procedure to create the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2016 SP1 DVD?

Thanks

Bye
      balubeto

Comment

The search phrase you are looking for is "slipstreamed install" where you merge the extracted contents of the SP exe file with the (extracted) contents of the ISO, then burn a new ISO following the instructions Chris (Biggles) provided.

Not sure about CRM 2016 but a quick suggests this is not entirely straightforward, probably because of changes to the underlying database schema (e.g. https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...=crmdeployment)

Why are you wanting to do this?

Thanks
        Dye
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I came across a great resource that can actually be helpful for anyone in seeking solutions related to dynamics CRM and its use in various settings. Everyone should check it
          <MOD EDIT> Link removed, spammer banned.
          Last edited by wullieb1; 14th July 2016, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto
            Perhaps you did not understand.
            No, you did NOT explain or describe exactly what YOU were trying to do. Think of it like the protocol TCP. The sender sends a packet to the receiver. If the sender doesn't include the appropriate information in the packet (message) then the receiver send back an HUH? response. It is the responsibility of the sender (YOU) to make sure the receiver (us the READERS) understand what message is being sent. It is not the job of the receiver to try and figure out what a poorly formatted and information devoid message means.

You have 317 posts in 5 years and you still haven't figured that out or how to use yet.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X