Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Client not redirected to new server

Hi all,
    I am doing a testing on moving mailboxes between sites. Here's the scenario:

I used Move Server Wizard (MSW) to join SiteB (Server name: Server2) to SiteA (Server name: Server1). Then move all mailboxes in SiteB over to SiteA, removed all connectors to SiteB, successfully carried out Knowledge Consistency Check. I intended to remove SiteB and uninstall Exchange from Server2 machine later but I was stucked when I log on as user from a client machine, the exchange profile created earlier (which point the server to Server2) does not redirect the client to its new mailbox server, Server1. I still keep Server2 running, what have I miseed out that the user are not aware of the changes made?

Please help, thank you in advance for any suggestion posted.

Ray

Did you try updating the client application (Outlook) to reference the new server?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

leave outlook open on all WS

Hi, I've been told that if ever I should move mailboxes from one site to another I should, when I am moving this one mailboxe, that I should leave the corresponding WorkStation's outlook opened.

hope it helps since I had no need of doind so

Marc Robichaud
      Senior Tech
      Solution Info

Comment

Re: leave outlook open on all WS

Originally posted by solinfo
        Hi, I've been told that if ever I should move mailboxes from one site to another I should, when I am moving this one mailboxe, that I should leave the corresponding WorkStation's outlook opened.

hope it helps since I had no need of doind so

Marc Robichaud
        Senior Tech
        Solution Info
        The client software will still look to server.domain.mydomain.com for the exchange server. If you've moved Exchange to a new server it won't know that its been moved unless you tell it.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for all your input. 1st of all, to Solinfo, you have to pause the Mailbox Store Service while moving mailbox, so the user would not be able to access to his mailbox while you are moving mailboxes.

If this is the case, since I have about 700 mailboxes to be handled in live environment. How could I make use of GPO to allow the users' profiles to be updated when they log on to the server (the clients versions are mixed between 97/98, 2000, XP (2002) and 2003). Clients OS vary from Win98 to XP Professional. From the resources I got, I can make use of Policy Editor to apply template to the users (.adm). Is it possible to use this method to propogate the changes to all different versions of machines?

May I know is it the only way to update the client profile. Someone once told me that after moving mailbox, the user profile will be automatically updated to point to the new server, I wonder how they do it?

Comment

Working...
          X