Disable or Hide Outlook 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable or Hide Outlook 2003

We are currently looking at moving from Lotus Notes to Exchange - probably 6 months away...but are also in the process of creating a new OS build (WindowsXP) - we are keep to incorporate Outlook 2003 on this build now and hide it - so we basically have Lotus Notes active, then when we start the migration we uninstall Lotus Notes and re-enable Outlook - is this plan feasable or has anyone other ideas?

As far as I know Lotus Notes and Outlook don't like one another and don't live well on one machine. I could be wrong, but that's my conclusion after migrating a 6500 user company from Notes to Exchange.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

You can always do the deployment later using IntelliMirror.
      Take a look at Office resource kit for details about deploying customized and pre-configured Office apps.

This way you can deploy an updated version when the time is right.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanks for the info - it would be quite interesting to know a bit more about your migration from Notes to Exchange - I personally think that putting the Outlook client on the machine is the wrong strategy - but have to convince others! Thanks again -

Comment

What we did was to create a Citrix farm of 30 servers and have all 6500 users use the Citrix client with Outlook and Word on it. For the second phase we began going through the specific departaments and begin to deploy Outlook while removing the ICA client. It was hard but we're almost done.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X