Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook problem is driving me nuts! (Free beer if you solve LOL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook problem is driving me nuts! (Free beer if you solve LOL)

Hey guys. Heres a good one for you.

Quick infrastructure overview: All Windows AD network with Exchange 2000 (single site/organization) and Outlook 2003.

Alright somehow when a new Calendar event is created by person A and it is sent to person B and C as an invite it somehow goes to 3or 4 other people and a distribution group that is in our Global Address book. Plus it says that it is sent on behalf of a certain person within the organization who of course id not send it.

I have looked at all of the Exchange options in AD for all of the affected people and see nothing weird. Anyone have a clue about what's going on??

Re: Outlook problem is driving me nuts! (Free beer if you solve LOL)

The only thing i can think of is one of the recipients has a local rule doing the forwarding. Worth a check anyway!

Now how about that beer?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      The only thing i can think of is one of the recipients has a local rule doing the forwarding. Worth a check anyway!

Now how about that beer?

Tom
      I have boiled it down to one thing that is common in this. There is one person in our Organization that seems to cause this. If he is invited to any event it triggers this. All others have no effect. I have looked at his AD account now I guess I should sift through his options within Outlook itself.

Comment

check the delegates tab (the last one under tools -> options) for that user. See if he has delegated meeting requests to another user/users
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X