Global Address List (GAL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Address List (GAL)

AD users in our domain use GAL on Exchange 2003, and their profile is set up as roaming. Unfortunately time and again some user keep loosing the GAL. Sometimes a fix for this one is to reset their roaming profile and reconfigure outlook to reconnect to the exchange server, which does the trick.
    I was wondering if there is another way to get GAL without having to reset user's profile.

Thanks
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Re: Global Address List (GAL)

The GAL should always be avaiable for the user when they are online.

Are your users in exchange cache mode?? Perhaps there loosing their connection to the exchange server and have not downloaded the default offline address list.

Just a few ideas to consider

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I've disabled the cache mode and outlook is connected to the server but the GAL is still missing. As i said before it does look like a profile issue but I don't want to go to all the trouble of resetting the roaming profile in order to get the GAL. A shortcut would be a better option.
      Tnx for the suggestion anyway Micheal
      Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841273 take a look at this link. I seem to remember a problem i had with a client once before. I'm sure there is a setting within Exchange that you can make it update more regularly i'll see if i can find it. You might still find this article handy see what you make of it.

Comment

If you go to exchange then navigate to recipients then offline address book. Go into the properties of that and select customise, this lets you control how often the server updates. It might not solve your problem, but it worked for me before.

Comment

Tnx TMLT that Microsoft Kb did work.
            tnx again.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X