Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Outlook.pst file

Hello all,

Please help. Let's say I have an old outlook.pst file which is 2.2GB and I have new outlook.pst file which is 3.6GB. How can I combine these two files so I can get them both in one outlook.pst without loosing any of my e-mails attachments etc? If I configure my MS Office outlook using POP3 and SMTP, it creates an outlook.pst file in My Document and Settings, user, local settings, Application Data, Microsoft and outlook folder and I want not to lose my previous ones. Thank you all.

Re: Office Outlook.pst file

Hmmm....

I think your going to run into severe problems my friend unless your Outlook version is not 2003.

I have never seen a PST file go beyond 1.8GB. This i'm afraid is a built in limitation with PST files for PST's prior to XP.

Now 2003 will allow you a total of 20GB, only if it is saved in unicode.

Now if you meet all the above criteria, Outlook 2003 and Unicode PST then you could import from one pst to the other.

More info is needed.

Comment

In addition, I do hope you have a good backup.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am using Win XP Pro and Microsoft Office 2003. My backup files for outlook are Outlook.pst for which is 2.2GB my previous and Outlook_backup.pst is 3.6GB. I want to combine these to get one Outlook.pst for my newly configured Outlook. Are there any chances to get the data back to normal? Thank you.

Comment

As far as i'm aware outlook 2003 will automatically create a unicode PST but only when done from scratch. It will not make the old ANSI into Unicode.

The only thing i can think of is to import both PST into a new 2003 Unicode PST.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I will try the advice you gave me. Hopefully it works.

Comment

How about setting up 2 different Personal Folders in Outlook. Get one Personal Folder to point to the 2.2GB PST and the other to the 3.6GB PST. You could then drag and drop from one Personal Folder to the other. Simple eh!!
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Soccer, this may be a solution for you. This was thoughtfully posted by TriLinea.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X