X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange link behavior in Messages

Hi,

Outlook 2000

Have an interesting situation with a users Mail Account. Some messages that he receives with links in them wont open up to the web page that they are supposed to go to. This started happening the other day. Whats really strange is, some open fine, but others dont. The ones that dont, when clicked, usually open to the "c:/Program Files/Common Files/System/MAPI/1033/NT" folder. Bizarre.

Any ideas what might be causing this? One other thing I noticed, is that the links that do open up fine are the ones that show the complete address as the link. The links that say things like "Click here" rather than the address seem to be the ones causing the trouble.

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

Re: Strange link behavior in Messages

Reset the web settings available in the Tools--->internet--->programs menu options menu.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that his default browser was Firefox. I just switched his default browser back to IE, and it works fine that way. All links open up the way they should. I think he recently upgraded his firefox browser to the latest build, and thats when the issues started.

Thanks

Comment

You're welcome.........!

Comment

Working...
        X