RPC ovr HTTP e-mail's stall in outbox until outlook is restarted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC ovr HTTP e-mail's stall in outbox until outlook is restarted

First up i gotta say a big THANKYOU for such a great site, in my experience it's pretty hard to find this sort of community support outside of a Linux environment...

Now down to my dilemma.
    I've got at least 40 odd people using RPC over HTTP on my exch2003 single server setup. (enterprise exchange).

Most of them never have any problems.. but I've got this one guy that is out scrub (Western Australian Pilbra on a sat link (shared with other RPC ovr HTTP users) and his outlook is being a real bugger.

For some reason even little 5k e-mails will just sit in the outbox until I get him to shutdown outlook (SP1) and restart it.
    When he restarts it the e-mail takes off, and _maybe_ one or two others go, but then it stalls again...

Any idea's on what might be causing it.. I have a sneaky suspicion that it's a corrupt outbox, but would like your second opinion...

Thanks

Re: RPC ovr HTTP e-mail's stall in outbox until outlook is restarted

hmm I may have found it..
    The problem widened to two more people.. so I looked a little closer and found some really odd DNS issues..
    I cleaned up some erroneous entries in the DNS and after a bit things started coming good.

Must do some forensics to see if I can find what happened there.

Comment

I look forward to the results. Anyway, it would only take a couple of minutes to walk round the Pilbra and fix the problem.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi all,

I have something similar where the client PC will go thru a looping of redirections and stall with connections to the server.

At some point 3-5 minutes after Outlook starts it then communicates properely with Exchange. The diagnostic error counters always register 3 failed connection attempts at startup and then all seems OK for a while and then the connections fail again and Outlook goes thru the same discovery/waiting process again.

The DNS is clean, resolves the server.. too simplereally iI suppose to mess up but I was intrigued that you had DNS oddities and was wondering what they were in detail???

Cheers, David
        Sydney - Australia

Comment

Working...
        X