Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Email Templates and Signature problems

Hi!!!

I am trying to setup email templates in Outlook 2003.

The template is a basic email that will be sent to different users, but the body of the email rarely changes.

I have saved a new email with the body setup the way I want it to look each time. I have set up the stationary for our logo header. I have also set the signature as an image. I then saved this email as an .OFT file.

When I go to use the template, the way you expect it to look is not actually the case the signature is placed at the top, followed by the email logo and the body of my template.

We would like to set this up for the whole company – over 40 users!!! Is there a way we can fix this??? Please help!!!

Re: Outlook 2003 Email Templates and Signature problems

I'm having this same issue? Any ideas?

TRS

Originally posted by emmataylor
    Hi!!!

I am trying to setup email templates in Outlook 2003.

The template is a basic email that will be sent to different users, but the body of the email rarely changes.

I have saved a new email with the body setup the way I want it to look each time. I have set up the stationary for our logo header. I have also set the signature as an image. I then saved this email as an .OFT file.

When I go to use the template, the way you expect it to look is not actually the case the signature is placed at the top, followed by the email logo and the body of my template.

We would like to set this up for the whole company – over 40 users!!! Is there a way we can fix this??? Please help!!!

Comment

Mail Signature Manager from Symprex allows you to automatically deploy signatures including logos, disclaimers or other information, to all your users. It includes a built-in signature template designer for HTML, RTF and Plain Text and you can deploy to AD groups and/or specific AD users. Contact information is pulled from AD and merged into the signatures. There is also a built-in status monitor so you can verify and monitor the deployment of signatures. Finally, you can deploy settings such as default fonts, default mail editor etc.

You can read more here and also download a free evaluation version:

http://www.symprex.com/products/msm

One of the many advantages of this solution is that it is very simple to use and you do not have to install any software on your server or client machines, so there is no risk to the stability or performance of your system.

Sincerely,

Symprex

Comment

Originally posted by Symprex
        Mail Signature Manager from Symprex allows you to automatically deploy signatures including logos, disclaimers or other information, to all your users. It includes a built-in signature template designer for HTML, RTF and Plain Text and you can deploy to AD groups and/or specific AD users. Contact information is pulled from AD and merged into the signatures. There is also a built-in status monitor so you can verify and monitor the deployment of signatures. Finally, you can deploy settings such as default fonts, default mail editor etc.

You can read more here and also download a free evaluation version:

http://www.symprex.com/products/msm

One of the many advantages of this solution is that it is very simple to use and you do not have to install any software on your server or client machines, so there is no risk to the stability or performance of your system.

Sincerely,

Symprex
        I think we were looking for a solution that would fix what used to work fine in Outlook. We weren't looking for an ad encouraging us to purchase a third party product. Even if your product is good, my company wouldn't authorize the installation or use of that product anyway.

When I used to open an Outlook template file, the signature used to come up at the bottom or not at all - just when opening templates. For some reason, this simply changed one day without notice and now the signature comes up at the top of the template for no good reason.

Does anyone have any good ideas?

Comment

I called Microsoft on this issue just last week and this is the answer/email I received from them. These are the only answers they have/are willing to give.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
          The email was edited to removed my name/company information along with the Microsoft disclaimer.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Based on our last communication, it appears that we have reached a resolution for your issue.

Problem - Stationary text is above signature after updates.
          Root Cause: Behavior change after KB 917295 (installed with Security Update: KB 924085).

Resolution – Workaround Provided:

1) Added the Disclaimer as part of user’s signature.

2) Use Word as editor.

3) Use KB 317680 to Add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script

a. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;317680

4) Uninstall KB 924085.

As we agreed I will proceed with closing the case. If you need to contact me in the interim, please use my contact information that is listed below.

Best regards,

Gurdeep Birdi
          Support Engineer
          Enterprise Messaging Support
          Exchange Client Server Infrastructure Group
          * E-mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
          ( Phone: 416-246-5580 ext: 5477
          ¹ Office Hours: 10am-6:30pm EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Sorry it wasn't very helpful...

Comment

Working...