Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to shared Inbox subfolder

Hi there,

My question is: How can you connect to someone's shared inbox subfolder?

I can connect to an inbox of a different user, if he/she shared it, but although he/she shares subfolders, I see no way to connect to it.

Do you have a solution for it?

Re: Connect to shared Inbox subfolder

Have you tried going to the properties of the folder you want to share and changing the options on the permissions tab. Add in the user you want to allow access and see if you can connect to the mail folder.

Comment

You can't create a direct share to a sub-folder only the root folder (i.e. inbox, Calendar or Contacts)

What you need to do is set Read permissions on Inbox and then set the appropriate permissions on the actual subfolder you require access to.

Topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
        You can't create a direct share to a sub-folder only the root folder (i.e. inbox, Calendar or Contacts)

What you need to do is set Read permissions on Inbox and then set the appropriate permissions on the actual subfolder you require access to.

Topper
        Still dont work. I gave all permissions in the share folder window to the person for inbox and subfolder too...
        Is it even possible to access someone else's subfolder?

Comment

It does work.

I have been doing this for a few years now as an effective method of sharing data on particular projects. You have to allow the user at least visible/read permission to the MAILBOX, i.e Outlook today. Then to the main folder for example if you wanted a subfolder of inbox. Allow them visible permissions to the inbox, and then full permissions (or as required) to the subfolder.

Good luck
          Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Comment

Working...
          X