Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook and gmail, seems pretty straightforward

Hello,

I am trying to configure outlook with my gmail account.

I have to do several things, pretty straighforwad:

"...
    Log into your Gmail account and open the Settings page with gear icon. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and make sure IMAP is enabled and click on save changes. Open Outlook 2013 and go to File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account...."

Then, within Outlook: IMAP 993, SMTP 25 with TLS...really easy to perform, the always well-known steps.

Yet, it keeps prompting for the password. I have tried 7 times, capital, lower case...

Any help would be appreciate. I have visited several links on google, all of them pointing to the same easy directions, some well-known steps (above mentioned).

Thanks in advance!
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

Re: Outlook and gmail, seems pretty straightforward

I assume that these are the steps you have taken. Gmail with Outlook

I have 1 of my Gmail accounts that I have to Copy 'n Paste the password into. If I manually type it then the password is rejected. If I Copy 'n Paste the exact same password it is accepted.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks biggles77.

Yes, the steps are pretty straightforward , thanks.

I have tried a dozen of times, lower case, capital letters, from a notepad (copy and paste)...nothing doing.

I receive these two messages, the first one is a pop up message, the second an email:

1. Your gmail account wants to alert you to the following: Please, sign in from your web browser (Not literal words, but quite similar).

2. This email comes into my mailbox, several times:

"...
      We recently blocked a sign-in attempt to your Google Account [[email protected]].
      Sign-in attempt details
      Date & Time: Wednesday, 22 April, 4:36 p.m. BST

If this wasn't you
      Please review your Account Activity page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity to see if anything looks suspicious. Whoever tried to sign in to your account knows your password; we recommend that you change it right away.
      If this was you
      You can switch to an app made by Google such as Gmail to access your account (recommended) or change your settings at https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps so that your account is no longer protected by modern security standards.

To learn more, see https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.

Yours sincerely,
      The Google Accounts team ..."

Last edited by loureed4; 22nd April 2015, 16:54.
      -
      Madrid (Spain).

Comment

We recently blocked a sign-in attempt to your Google Account [[email protected]].

That seems to be the problem. Have you setup the 2FA that they now have? Not sure how you can enter the code they may send if you are using Outlook.
        Is this the machine you normally access Gmail from?
        Create a brand new account and see if you can add that to Outlook. I am thinking that because it won't have a logon history they may not block it.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks Biggles77.

In my view, this could be the issue:

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/07/21/gma...enable-access/

Where it can be read:

"...
          Google states on it that "some devices and apps use insecure sign-in" technologies to access account data, and that the disable setting blocks these apps and services from accessing the Google Account.
          You can flip the switch here to enable less secure applications again so that access is regained.
          A help page lists some of the applications affected by the change:
          • The mail app on iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below.
          • The mail app on Windows phone prior to Windows Phone 8.1.
          • Some third-party mail apps on Android.
          • Some desktop mail clients like Outlook or Thunderbird.

..."
          -
          Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
          X