Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to move read email to the folder

Hi,

There is a requirement to create a rule to automatically move the emails after being read to another folder.

I understand that there is no default rule in outlook. Also I tried to search any tool or script to do it but did not help.

Is someone aware of any solution that will help us to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Re: Help needed to move read email to the folder

Outlook rules are only triggered by a select few events. E-mails being read is not one of them.

You could create a VBA script to look for e-mails with the status "read" and then move them to another folder. You'd have to be careful not to move a mail while it was being read, though, as that would cause the window to close or, as the user would report, "my mail disappears when I try to read it!"

I don't think there's a good way to accomplish what you want in Outlook. It sounds like the user wants e-mail to behave as something else entirely, like a case in a ticket system or a document in a workflow.

Comment

Are you sure they're being moved to another folder or just disappearing? It's possible you have the Inbox filter set to show only Unread messages.

Comment

I don't think anything is disappearing - the OP wanted a rule to move email when read, and Ser Olmy warned of the dangers of "vanishing emails"
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X