Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

Hi

I set up an outlook.it account in Outlook 2010 SP1 64-bit to receive and to send E-Mail via POP3. Now, when I test this account, Outlook displays this SMTP error:

The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested

How come?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 10th May 2014, 17:47.
    balubeto

Re: "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

Unfortunately a for this mainly gives the identical post you have made on various other boards, but the few things I can find suggest authentication.
    Can you post the full text of the error message or better still a screenshot, plus a screenshot of the account settings in outlook
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: "The server responded: 550 5.3.4 Requested" error with Outlook 2010 SP1

For some reason, Outlook only shows you part of the error message. The compete text is "550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken", probably followed by a more detailed explanation.

5.3.4 is a general nondelivery error code that usually appears when an account has been blocked, or the message size exceeded the limits set on the mail server.

Comment

Working...
      X