Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add 2nd Exchange Account to Outlook Profile

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2007 here and i am trying to add a second exchange email account to my current email profile so that i could see two mailboxes in one Outlook. Is it possible to do so?

1. i tried to add a new account by tools->account settings->'Email' tab->New; after putting all the information for the secondary account, i then get this message "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice."
    2. i tried the advice here, i could see two mailboxes in my Outlook now, but when i click on the mailbox in Outlook, it says "Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed. An object cannot be found."

Thanks in advance...
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Add 2nd Exchange Account to Outlook Profile

Originally posted by ususim View Post
    Hi,

I am using Outlook 2007 here and i am trying to add a second exchange email account to my current email profile so that i could see two mailboxes in one Outlook. Is it possible to do so?

1. i tried to add a new account by tools->account settings->'Email' tab->New; after putting all the information for the secondary account, i then get this message "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice."
    2. i tried the advice here, i could see two mailboxes in my Outlook now, but when i click on the mailbox in Outlook, it says "Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed. An object cannot be found."

Thanks in advance...
    Do you have permission to access the mailbox??

You must have the required permissions to gain access to it.

Comment

Concur
      Speak to your Exchange anministrator and ask for appropriate permissions
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

In Outlook 2010 you can add additional Exchange accounts to the same Outlook exchange profile, but not in Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2007 you have to create a second outlook profile to be able to logon to an other exchange mailbox.

However an administrator can grant you full access to the another mailbox. Then you can add this secondary mailbox as additional mailbox in the same profile, without passing credentials.

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X