Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help with Outlook 2007 Administration

Hello All,

I am working in a Small Scale Organisation with 150 employees. For all users, we have configured Outlook through Internet e-mail with user details, SMTP server and POP3 server. SMTP and POP3 details are provided by our e-mail service provider. Now, we want to have a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail through our SMTP and POP3 server. We dont want to manually copy the pst files.

Is there a way, where, we can have a seperate server (like a main gateway) for all mails, can we configure that server to have a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail please ?

Situation: ( Just imagine that, you want to make sure, no one is misusing the Organisation's data by sending to his personal mail, etc... )

Please help me.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Please Help with Outlook 2007 Administration

Originally posted by s4sadanand View Post
    Hello All,

I am working in a Small Scale Organisation with 150 employees. For all users, we have configured Outlook through Internet e-mail with user details, SMTP server and POP3 server. SMTP and POP3 details are provided by our e-mail service provider. Now, we want to have a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail through our SMTP and POP3 server. We dont want to manually copy the pst files.

Is there a way, where, we can have a seperate server (like a main gateway) for all mails, can we configure that server to have a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail please ?

Situation: ( Just imagine that, you want to make sure, no one is misusing the Organisation's data by sending to his personal mail, etc... )

Please help me.
    Thanks in advance.
    You could install Exchange Server, or similar, and use that rather than the current setup.

Other than that unless the host has some sort of journaling setup then your out of luck.

Comment

Some sort of proxy device possibly, which can log traffic on the relevant ports?

But with 150 users, you really need something more robust than ISP mail -- Exchange will not be cheap, but will give you so many benefits over and above journalling
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Mimecast offer a journaling service and worth reviewing.

Comment

Working...
        X