Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Outlook 2010 startup wizard

Hi

I have created a domain login for a local user account on a Win7 PC. Under their local login they use Outlook 2010 and connect to a web account via IMAP.

Under their new domain login when I start Outlook a startup wizard starts and prompts for userame, password, mail web address etc.

I don't want to do this as their existing pst already contains sent mail, archived mail etc. However, when I cancel the wizard Outlook closes.

I need to start up Outlook so that I can import their pst. I did work this out some time ago for Outlook 2003 but have forgotten and a web search is not helping much.

Can anyone tell me how to open Outlook 2010 so that the startup wizard does not start, please? This would then allow me to import their pst.

Thanks!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Disable Outlook 2010 startup wizard

You can create a custom profile (prf) file:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...ffice.14).aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks - I had seen this, but under 2003 there was a simple solution that allowed Outlook to start so that you could configure an account at your leisure or import a pst etc.

If anyone knows if this can be done with Outlook 2010...?

I will look into the prf option.

Comment

Crikey, they don't make it easy, do they?

I only need to do this for one person at a small (5 person) organisation I supply IT support to. I have created a gmail account which I will connect to using the startup wizard then I will import the pst/user data and delete the gmail account from Outlook.

Comment

Came across the answer. It is in a location that I would never have thought of looking for it, which is why I could not remember it from the last time I searched for this.

In case anyone else has the same issue open Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail and you can configure the mail settings there. This is also useful in case you have misconfigured the startup wizard and Outlook is unable to connect to a mail store, in which case Outlook closes without giving you the option to fix it.

Comment

The GPO setting below I believe removes the start-up wizard. It's an Outlook 2010 ADM template setting.

Automatically configure profile based on Active Directory Primary SMTP address

Comment

Working...
            X