Connecting to Excahange while not a member of domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to Excahange while not a member of domain

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to connect Outlook 2003 to Exchange if the computer is not a member of the domain?

Re: Connecting to Excahange while not a member of domain

Yes it's possible you just get asked for your Network logon credentials everytime you open Outlook.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

When I go to setup the Exchange profile and I click check name it asks for domain credentials. It then finds the account but when I load the profile it gives an error that it could not connect to the Exchange server and exits. Is there anything else I need to do?

EDIT: Just as I wrote this I finally got it to work. Not sure if adding a WINS server in the IPconfig or adding a record to the mail server in the hosts file that did it.
      Last edited by lamaq; 12th December 2005, 23:59.

Comment

Originally posted by lamaq
        EDIT: Just as I wrote this I finally got it to work. Not sure if adding a WINS server in the IPconfig or adding a record to the mail server in the hosts file that did it.
        we use VPN software to access our mailboxes from home PC's, but our VPN software pushes the DNS & wins settings for our work domain to the home PC. Unless we allow this to happen we have to add an entry into a host file to enable the machine to find the Exchange server.

So from my experience I think your in the right that the host entry fixed the problem.

Rgds
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X