No announcement yet.

Unable to Connect Outlook 2007 To Hosted Exchange

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Connect Outlook 2007 To Hosted Exchange

There seems to be a lot of buzz over the following error across the Internet but I've yet to find a solution to the problem:

The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

I have 2 XP computers attempting to connect to GoDaddy's hosted Exchange service with Outlook 2007. We've been assigned to their Exchange2010 server. 1 computer connects just fine but the other does not and gets the above error.

On the troubled computer I've tried the following with the following results:

-- uninstall/install Outlook 2007 - same error
    -- install Outlook 2010 - same error
    -- delete/re-add mail profile - same error
    -- disable all Windows startup items - same error
    -- disable firewall - same error
    -- set up test profile using Intermedia's hosted Exchange service - works fine
    -- copied mail profile reg entry from working computer - same error

GoDaddy is of no help because they say it is a problem with the computer. I don't necessarily disagree but clearly there is a problem too with their server connection given that I can set up someone else's Hosted Exchange service.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to Connect Outlook 2007 To Hosted Exchange

It's not the server connection if the other computer can consistently connect fine to it.

Try a telnet test from the computer in question (if it has telnet on it). Also see if you can ping the mail server name. Could be a DNS issue.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Unable to Connect Outlook 2007 To Hosted Exchange

Does the machine have the required access rights through your perimiter firewall??

Can you ping the server in question from the machine??

Can you resolve the name correctly from the machine??