Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Emails

Hi All,

I have a user moving to different domain i.e. from @abc.com to @xyz.com with in the same company and same exchange 2003 server using outlook 2007.

She ask me if she can save all the email before moving to @xyz domain. Could you advise what is the best option for saving all the email and can use any time when she want.

We are using.ost file direct from exchange and we don't use PST.

Can any one please advise the best option?

Thanks

Re: Exporting Emails

For one user, export from Outlook to a PST file, then import into Exchange on the new domain.
    Alternatively use exmerge on the server to export to a PST there, but beware the 2Gb limit
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If I understand your question correct this change is simply to another email address within the same Exchange organisation.

Normally there would be no need to change the mailboxes for this, just add the new smtp address to the mailbox. In that case no content needs to be exportet since the mailbox content isn't changed in any way.

Comment

Create a PST on her machine, move the files from the OST to the PST and when she has been joined to the new Domain then the emails can then be moved from the PST to the new OST.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What I said...

We really need the OP to tell us if it is a new AD domain or, as FischFra suggested, a new email address in the same domain
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X