No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003 Calendar corrupted, unable to add Appointments

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Calendar corrupted, unable to add Appointments

At least, I'm fairly certain it is. I have 2 clients who share Outlook calendars via a SBS 2003 exchange server. Call them Lawyer, and Assistant. When I'm at Lawyer's desk, I can Add, Edit, and Delete things to the main Calendar. The main Calendar is shared to Assistant. I have set them both as Delegates, and the permissions are set to Publishing Editor for both users on each others' calendars.

At Assistant's desk, I am unable to add an entry, but I can delete, (I've never tried editing, and I can't do it right now). When I try to add an entry I get this error:

"The item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or removed, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?"

As I said, permissions are correct, and if I Copy the main calendar to another folder, and share it, Assistant is able to Add, Edit, and Delete events on this new Calendar.

I need to do something about this very soon. I've exported her full Mailbox, and the resulting .pst file is almost 5 gigs. The .ost file is over 3gigs, if that makes a difference. If I delete her account in Outlook, then re-make it, then import the mailbox .pst, will that fix it? Is there anything I can do to repair the calendar? Scanost.exe didn't fix the problem. I'm at my wit's end here. Any help is appreciated.