Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 to 2010 upgrade woes

Hi

Today I upgraded my Office 2003 up to Office 2010 on Windows 7 64bit. I say upgrade because unlike previous installs where different versions would be installed side by side, the installer only gave me the option to upgrade.

One of the features that did not work in 2003 was the auto send/receive. After the upgrade, I was disappointed to see that this problem had not gone away. Just to test, I installed outlook 2010 on my laptop which has never had office installed and the auto send/receive works perfectly. I even copied the outlook.pst file from my desktop onto the laptop to see if there was anything in there that may be causing the problem.

So, back to basics, I un-installed office 2010 and removed all outlook folders I could find and removed all left over folders in the c:\Programs directory. I then re-installed office 2010 and setup the email accounts from scratch - still no luck.

In case you were wondering, I had gone into the settings and changed the wait time down from 30min to 1min for auto send/receive.

I can Send and receive manually no problem but not automatically.

I read that these settings are stored in the "Outlook.srs" file and I definitely made sure there were none left on the machine prior to re-installing office 2010.

All I can think of now is a registry setting - Anyone know what I should be looking for or how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

Re: 2003 to 2010 upgrade woes

Is this using microsoft exchange, or something else ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi tehcamel

Three pop accounts.

Thanks
      O

Comment

ok.. let me do up some graphics for you

Alright.
        On the ribbon bar, you should have:
        [File] [home] [send/receive] [folder] [view]

Flick to Send/Receive for me.
        Then you should have at the far left of the bar, "Send/Receive Groups" - this is a drop down menu
        Drop it down, select
        Define Send/Receive groups
        The Send/REceive groups window opens.

You should be able to amend the groups accordingly in here - in particular, make sure you have a tick in"schedule automatic send/receive ever XX minutes"

You can choose to edit the "all accounts" group and then within there, make sure all relevant accounts are selected
        Last edited by tehcamel; 22nd August 2011, 09:33.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for your response.

There is only one group called "All Accounts" (default created by outlook). All 5 boxes are ticked and the time between send/receive is set to 10 min for both online and offline. Outlook is in Online mode.

I read somewhere that I may have a corrupt group and thus created a new group with all three email account included in the new group - still no luck.

Any other suggestions

Thanks
          O

Comment

Have you tried to create a new profile for the user???

As your using a pop3 account you should have PST files where your email is being delivered. You can use these as the delivery point when you redo the profile.

Please ensure you have all your contacts and bits and pieces backed up prior to this so you can import them.

Comment

wullieb1 - That was the second thing I tried.

The first was removing all references to Outlook off the machine and re-installing instead of upgrading.

Still no luck.

As mentioned in my initial email, I have this working on a laptop with the identical setup, except for the laptop being 32bit and the problem machine is 64bit. The laptop also never had Office/Outlook 2010 so it was a fresh install.

Any more pointers?

Thanks
              O

Comment

Working...
              X