Read Receipts in Outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Receipts in Outlook

I am having problems with read receipts in Outlook 2003 and 2007. When I request read verification for an email, the person does click yes to send the read receipt to me and yet I will not receive it. This is happening in both version of Outlook 03 and 07. Now if they request a read receipt from me they get it. This is not happening with everyone but with some of the emails.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Read Receipts in Outlook

If I remember there is an "auto process receipts" option somewhere in Outlook -- could that be deleting them before you read them?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This can be an auto option but this was not the case.

I believe I may have found the fix. When you setup an email account in Outlook there is a check box for "Use Cached Exchange Mode" under setup for email accounts. Apparently if it is check it can cause the read receipts not the work properly. Once I unchecked on the recipient's side it allow me to get the verification I was looking for. So far so good!

Comment

SUrprising -- I have never had a problem with receipts in cached mode, and turning it off will mess up junk filtering and searching
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X