No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007 error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 error

Hello Guys

when my users open outlook 2007 a security message pops out that the certificate date is expired or invalid.

But when i used outlook 2010 ,2003 and OWA there was no problem..

Whats the cause?and how can it be solved?

Re: Outlook 2007 error

Outlook 2003 doesn't use certificates in the same way, so the fact that there is no prompt doesn't mean anything at all.

You need to look at the certificate, then see what the host name on the certificate is. With that information you should be able to work out why Outlook is connecting to that host name.

Most likely to be autodiscover or another mis-configured URL somewhere in the Exchange org.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Have you checked the certificate to make sure it is valid?
      Are you sure it is the date and not a name mismatch?

Can you confirm the other options work at the same time as Outlook 2007 fails (you said "used" implying it did work in the past)

Have you tried for detailed diagnostics?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I found out the solution.The certificate date got expired ,i added another year to the expiry date

so..ossian was right ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point