Outlook 2003 not sending to 1 or 2 recipients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 not sending to 1 or 2 recipients

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue and can't seem to find the solution. For some reason at times (currently a consistant thing but wasn't consistant in the past) I have a PC that won't send to certain recipients and even doesn't recieve to a receipient or two. I'm not running an exchange server but I look upstream to our ISP web interface and see that the emails aren't making it there when sent to this certain recipient. I THINK this is something strange that is a result of the pst file getting WAY too big and am about to archive again. For some reason he didn't want it to archive very often but this has got to push him over the limit to where he will be ok with it. The last time this issue came up I archived and deleted a bunch of email and I didn't have any problems for a couple of months. He receives a TON of email with huge attachments because he gets engineering files. Are there any other solutions to this problem? Any thoughts?

Jason

Re: Outlook 2003 not sending to 1 or 2 recipients

Well, I got the pst file size down and the problem persisted. I ended up backing up all of the mail, uninstalling Outlook and installing it again. Cha Ching! It worked fine after that. I just don't know why. Oh well, it is working for now.

Comment

Well done on sorting your problem! How big was the PST before you reduced it's size? What version of Outlook is he using?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        Well done on sorting your problem! How big was the PST before you reduced it's size? What version of Outlook is he using?
        The pst file was well over a Gig. I've been battling with him about the size since I came on board and told him that it could produce undesirable results. At one point it was almost 2GB. I got it down to 650MB but I still had to reload Outlook for it to start working. I'm using Outlook 2003 on all machines.

Thanks for your post.

Comment

Working...
        X