Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook prints only header and suggests Firefox to open mail

Hi all !

I've got 2 users encountering a problem for printing e-mails in Outlook 2003. I googled that behavior and couldn't find any answer...

Whenever those users try to print an e-mail, by any way you may think of... it takes some time (5-10 seconds) to react, then it prints only the header of that e-mail and pops up to ask which program you want to open the mail with. Since it's an HTML, it proposes Firefox by default.

For one user - I did a profile reset last week (roaming profile), and the problem was gone. Yesterday, he tells me the problem is back.

Resetting only his Outlook profile doesn't change the way it behaves, and I can't find any option that would justify that behavior...

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
    Mikey

Re: Outlook prints only header and suggests Firefox to open mail

has he changed his default browser to Firefox ? That would definitely cause that part of the issue.

For the other part, I'd look at the printers themselves.
    Does he have a default printer that's not always reachable ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Both users use IE as default browser. Other users (and me actually) use Firefox as default browser, and we don't have that problem. Now, I work on an XP laptop and the users work in Citrix sessions. In the Citrix environment, Firefox is streamed with Softgrid and it never asks if you want to set it as default browser, so most people keep IE as default browser.

The printer those two users use is the same one I use, and it's available at all times. They work in Citrix sessions. I also tried to set a different printer as default before restarting Outlook and try to print again - same issue.

Now strangely - one of the two users doesn't seem to have the problem anymore since yesterday, that's the one I never did a reset profile for. He says he did nothing to solve this, it just solved itself.

We have 34 Citrix servers available to users - whatever server my first user connects to, he still has the problem... I know it's profile related, the annoying part is that it came back after I gave him a clean profile. I'm almost sure it has to do with something he did, but I can't figure out what.

Comment

Hi again,

I'm still working on this annoying issue... It appears only HTML format e-mails cause the behavior I explained. Printing a TEXT format e-mail works normally.

Just an update, and wondering if anybody else has an idea...

Regards,
        Mikey

Comment

Working...
        X