Outlook 2003 Private Appointment Locked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 Private Appointment Locked

When moving a Private appointment from one Calendar to another it prevents me from being able to view\edit\delete the appointment, has anyone come across this problem before?

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Outlook 2003 SP3
    Both mail accounts are on Exchange (do not know which version - sorry)

Re: Outlook 2003 Private Appointment Locked

prevents you from being able to edit/view it on which calendar, the source, or the destination?

if the appointment is marked as private, then once you move it to someone else's calendar, it will still be private, but private in THEIR calendar, thus, you can't see it, even if you're a delegate...

that's my understanding.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Once the private appointment has been moved from one calendar to the other it then becomes locked where I cant do anything with it (owner of both calendars' one primary and one secondary), as its been moved the source one has been removed.

I assume its a security issue, just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem. Its annoying that it cant be deleted at a minimum.

Comment

try marking the event as not-private before you move it
        see if the same issue occurs.

if it doesn't, then try marking it as private once it's in the new calendar and see if the sxame issue occurs
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

By turning the private off and then moving the appointment to the other calendar and turning the private back on has the same affect, an odd problem.
          Last edited by Keith2004; 5th May 2011, 11:47.

Comment

not much of an answer I'm sorry.. but obviously it does something funky when it's moved with Private turned on.

you'd need to get soemthin like exfolders and investigate the specific item from the exchange side maybe

Comment

No great problem just odd.

Thanks for your input though.

Think it might be this system as even a new appointment made private in the problem calendar produces the same issue.
              Last edited by Keith2004; 5th May 2011, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
              X