No access to Microsoft exchange, office 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No access to Microsoft exchange, office 2007

Cannot open your default email folder, the file C: Doc & setting\....OST cannot be accessed.\ you must conect to microsoft exchange at least once before you can use your offline folder file.

Re: No access to Microsoft exchange, office 2007

Does the file exist?
    Does the user have permission to access it?
    What client OS?
    Is the user an administrator or not?
    Is this a domain member or standalone workstation?
    What Exchange version?
    Has the user been able to use Outlook to connect to Exchange before or is this the first time trying it?
    Does the problem follow this user to another workstation (and do you have local or roaming profiles?)
    Does this problem occur for other users on this workstation?

Please give full details of your environment when posting a question - without all relevalt information we can't make useful suggestions.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The file does not exist..how can I fix that?
      Running XP
      I am an administrator
      The computer came off a domain, I have it at home now
      Exchange-Microsoft office outlook 2006 12.0.6550.5003
      I could conect from work but not from home
      I no longer work there, just trying to get it to work from home. I am green!
      Is there a way to have outlook not look for a file that does not exist and enter one that does/work around?
      Last edited by FrankAP; 15th April 2011, 19:35.

Comment

if you've taken a computer from a corporate environment using microsoft exchange, to a home environment, you won't be able to acces the exchange server.

You also won't be able to read the OST file - it's specific to a profile/connection.

You MAY be able to find a tool to convert the OST file to a PST file.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi Tehcamel,
          Thank you again for your help earlier with resetting my adminisrator password,
          I think all my outlook email and contacts have been saved as PST files.
          Is there a way I can pay you to look at my computer and fix it so I can hook it up to my network at home?
          After double checking my back up drive, I found they are OST file, now looking for converter to change to PST.

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          if you've taken a computer from a corporate environment using microsoft exchange, to a home environment, you won't be able to access the exchange server.

You also won't be able to read the OST file - it's specific to a profile/connection.

You MAY be able to find a tool to convert the OST file to a PST file.
          Last edited by FrankAP; 17th April 2011, 22:48.

Comment

Convert OST to PST. There are free options available but from memory they have limitations. I believe you will need to cough up some dosh to get an app that will do the job properly.

FIRST thing you need to do is make a couple of copies of the OST because if it gets corrupted you are cactus.

Do you know where to find the OST file? Might be a good idea to find and save the NK2 file as well as I find that a very useful utility.

How long ago did you leave the company and was it on amiable terms? Can you return there and get reconnected to the Domain & Exchange Server. If that could happen the it would be very easy to create a PST and copy the emails from the OST to the PST. Also, are these personal emails or do they contain information that relates to your previous position with the company and as such are that company's property? Sorry, gotta ask.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I understand, they are my contact list of previous customers. I worked commission only so they go with me, it's just my former employer also get a copy of my list.
              Thank you for your time.
              Best Regards,
              Frank.

Comment

Working...
              X