Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook PST Repair

Hi,

I am a outlook user, my pst file size is 4 GB, as I am using outlook 2007, so the pst limit size does not matter. but still the speed of my outlook is not good, its working very slow. please suggest me.

Re: Outlook PST Repair

We don't really have a lot to go on. Perhaps Outlook runs slowly because your computer in general is running slowly. Far more information about your system is required.

Windows version and service pack?
    Office service pack?
    Are Windows and Office fully patched?
    Antivirus product and version?
    Some indication of the hardware in your computer?
    Do other things also run slowly or only Outlook?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Are you using Exchange? If so, is it in cached mode or not? Probably worth archiving or at least separating .pst files to cut down on the size.
      Also, try running scanpst. I'd almost guarantee on anything over 2GB it's going to have errors.

Comment

compact the PST file.

PSTs don't dfragment themselves - so if you put 1GB in a PST file, then delete 700MB, and put another 1GB in, you'll have a 2GB PST file, even though you're only using 1.3GB.

Compacting it will essentially defrag it.

4GB is also alot of mail - if you're using Cached mode, it has to check and confirm each item every time it connects..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

5,000 message limit may be exceeded on the Inbox. If that is the case create folders and spead the load.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by mikesonu View Post
            Hi,

I am a outlook user, my pst file size is 4 GB, as I am using outlook 2007, so the pst limit size does not matter. but still the speed of my outlook is not good, its working very slow. please suggest me.
            This isn't quite true.

The PST format does not change when you update versions of outlook so if you had a PST with the old 2GB limit then it will still have it.

Comment

Thanks every body to help me out. To solve my problem

Comment

Is it solved? If yes then please post back with the solution so others can benefit from your thread. Thanks.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X