Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2000

Hi Admin,

When I want to print a message (not all) by opening the email from Outlook 2000 running on Corporate / Workgroup mode in Windows XP SP3 it hangs and I have to exit Outlook using 'end task'

If i never open (double Click) the message, i can print without hanging.

I have tried to reinstall & check for upgrades but problem persist

Kindly assist.

Appreciate with thanks.

Re: Outlook 2000

There won't be any more upgrades for an 11 year old product -- well past end of life

If you have Exchange 2003 you have Outlook 2003 licenses available, otherwise please tell the bosses you have to stop supporting software at some stage!

Anything in event logs to give a clue what error is happening?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you connecting to Exchange 2007 or higher? If so, there will be some bazaar issues.

Comment

Dear Ossian,

Noted on the past of life.. haha but my company has got no plan to upgrade at this moment... I will check on the event log & see what I can get.

Dear Virtual,

Not connected to exchange server - its a pop3 account with pst. Lousy..

Comment

Dear Ossian,

Received event ID 1002 -- Hanging application OUTLOOK.exe version 9.0.0.2416 hang module hungapp version 0.0.0.0 hang address 0x00000000

Appreciate any advice..
          Thanks

Comment

What size is the PST file? There are limitations there as well. That may be the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X