Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 - Respond from alternate domain

Good Day,

Pretty sure this is an Outlook question, but feel free to re-locate to the Exchange 2003 forum if applicable.

I have an Exchange 2003 Standard server running (on W2003) with all SP and patches in place. Our staff use Outlook 2003 for the client on WinXP.

We just added a new domain to our mail server in Exchange System Manager "Recipient Policies" - "Default Policies" and mail is arriving fine. The issue is we need to let some (not all) of the Outlook users send mail from the new domain.

Example: We have a user called Mike. His emails can come into Outlook from [email protected] and [email protected], but any time he responds it always comes from his domaina address. He needs the ability to choose to have a response come from domainb. How can this be done on Outlook on a user by user basis?

Can this be done automatically? Respond to mail on domaina as coming from domaina, and mail on domainb as coming from domainb?

Last, what about OWA? Can the same change be made there?

Cheers

Shad
    Last edited by shadragon; 12th January 2011, 16:07.

Re: Outlook 2003 - Respond from alternate domain

Found a really good step-by-step guide on how to fix this, but cannot post the URL as I do not have enough posts.

So Google "selectable-outgoing-email-addresses-under-outlook-with-exchange" with quotes and you should go straight to it. NewAgeDigital.com is the site.

Now I just have to find how to do this in OWA.

Cheers.

Comment

Only 4 post but yet sharing information of your discoveries. Thank you shadragon, your Community Spirit has been noted and is greatly appreciated (nice job find that info!! ).

Looking forward to more contributions from you.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by shadragon View Post
        Found a really good step-by-step guide on how to fix this, but cannot post the URL as I do not have enough posts.

So Google "selectable-outgoing-email-addresses-under-outlook-with-exchange" with quotes and you should go straight to it. NewAgeDigital.com is the site.

Now I just have to find how to do this in OWA.

Cheers.
        http://dev.newagedigital.com/blog/20...with-exchange/
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for posting the link.

I have concluded that to add this same multi-domain capability to OWA I need to get a third party add-on or program it myself.

Comment

Working...
          X