Entourage for Mac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entourage for Mac

What does it sync? Inbox, contacts, calendar, todos and notes? Subfolders? I have no idea, I am not a Mac guy and a client tried to use Outlook 2010 and says it wont work with Exchange 2003.

Any help appreciated.

Al

Re: Entourage for Mac

Outlook 2010 works happily with Exchange 2003. If you want the MS Office suite to work as in the MS binaries/installers for Windows then you will need to install WINE which is a Windows Emulator for UNIX/Linux OS's.
    That said its easier to install Office for Mac instead.
    Entourage is the native Outlook equivalent for Mac's. It works exactly the same as Outlook. Although the version im using (Entourage 2008 for Mac) doesnt include the containers for Tasks and Notes with an Exchange 2003 backend. I couldnt tell you if this is a limitation though as i have no need for them. Consult the MS documentation on Entourage for Mac.

Comment

I use outlook 2010 on a PC and it works perfectly.

The latest version for Mac is Outlook 2011. It also looks like it doesn't support Exchange 2003 as it uses EWS to connect to the server and this is not supported on Exchange 2003.

Entourage should still work though.
      Last edited by wullieb1; 8th December 2010, 01:19.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        I use outlook 2010 on a PC and it works perfectly.

The latest version for Mac is Outlook 2011. It also looks like it doesn't support Exchange 2003 as it uses EWS to connect to the server and this is not supported on Exchange 2003.

Entourage should still work though.
        Entourage 2008 uses Webdav. Il never understand why MS shoots themself in the foot with proprietary protocols instead of supporting open standards. EWS is great but Webdav did a far better and easier job than the old RPC/HTTP(s) on Exchange 2003. Hey ho...

Comment

Maybe a little push for businesses to upgrade to 2007 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
            Maybe a little push for businesses to upgrade to 2007 lol.
            Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. Also they get to push their own proprietary code rather than an Open Web Standard.

Comment

Maybe a bit offtopic but if you get Mac Office 2011, Outlook will not work unless you have an Exchange Server to connect it to. Don't know if it will work with Exchange 2007 or just Ex 2010 but I am sure Daniel Click image for larger version

Name:	asskiss.gif
Views:	6
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	464674or Simon will know. Click image for larger version

Name:	agreed.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	464675
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I managed to connect Entourage to Exchange 2003 and 2007 - but keep in mind it, you have to configure it differently for each of those.

While configuring your Exchange 2003 account make sure This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) is NOT checked.
                SSL should not be checked for 2003, whereas it should be checked for Exchange 2007,

It should work then.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Capsel Chase View Post
                  I managed to connect Entourage to Exchange 2003 and 2007 - but keep in mind it, you have to configure it differently for each of those.

While configuring your Exchange 2003 account make sure This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) is NOT checked.
                  SSL should not be checked for 2003, whereas it should be checked for Exchange 2007,

It should work then.

Cheers
                  You can use the Dav with either SSL or not for Exchange 2003. Its use is dependent on your Exchange configuration. I use mine with SSL.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
                    You can use the Dav with either SSL or not for Exchange 2003. Its use is dependent on your Exchange configuration. I use mine with SSL.
                    Thanks scurlaruntings!
                    It's a new lesson for me too.

Comment

Working...
                    X