Extra domain being appended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra domain being appended

I have an Outlook 2007 user that is trying to send emails out to external contacts and there are certain ones that keep appending @ourdomain.com to the end. So if she sends an email to [email protected] it will somehow try to append our company domain to make it send [email protected]@ourdomain.com. And obviously the address is invalid and we get a non delivery message.

She was on our Exchange 2003 server and I moved her account to our Exchange 2010 server with the same results. I hate to blow away her .n2k cache but is there anything else that could be causing it?

Re: Extra domain being appended

The nk2 file is just a cache file. Sounds like they're using it as an address book or at least a temporary one. If for whatever reason you don't want to erase it, rename it and see what happens.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think you can delete entries from the NK2 file -- SHIFT+DEL on it in the drop down list box

There is also at least one shareware NK2 editor -- for more details
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_edit.html

This is a FREE NK2 file editor that i often use.

Comment

That'ld be the one... thanks!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

Working...
          X