Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail archive - redirecting to network drive

Hi,

Does anyone know how to "via group policy or another method" change the default archive location within Outlook 2007 so it archives onto a network drive which is backed up? Currently it sits in:

c:\docs and sets\.........

Thanks!

Re: Mail archive - redirecting to network drive

Microsoft do not support PSTs (archive or not) over a LAN, so there is unlikely to be any GP option.

IMHO do not use archiving - train users to archive themselves!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, and that maybe the case that Microsoft do not support it. But it does happen and people use archiving. Id rather implement an unsupported method where I know mail will be backed up. Rather than leaving it until archive folders are lost and I cant retrieve them due to them stored on a local PC.

From my understanding its a reg change.

Comment

maybe just redirect the user's documents and settings folder - only way I can think of

you'd need to use folder redirection policies
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks.... Folders have already been re-directed. A user had problems saying that they couldnt find thier archive which made me realise people are storing archives locally. Ideally they need to be on the server backed up.

Comment

if you're already redirecting the folders that the pst files are in, then i don't quite understand why they aren't on the network drives.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Outlook defualts to c:\doc's and settings\user\app data\.... and I wanted to redirect this to h:\mail archive\... As I have already done folder redirection and its not changed the default archive path Im guessing, and by reading up about it this is coverd by folder redirect.

Comment

Working...
              X